Formula SAE Validation Waitlist and Multiple Event Announcement
Registration Fast Facts
- As of Friday, Dec 4th registration is now closed for the Knowledge Event.
- Currently we have 198 teams registered for the Knowledge Event.
- Validation Event registrations are open until January 18, 2021.
- Currently we have 70 IC teams and 14 EV teams registered for the Michigan Validation Event.
- Currently we have 47 IC teams and 28 EV teams registered for the California Validation Event.
- We have 39 teams unaccounted for in Validation Event registrations from those registered in Knowledge Event. With knowledge that some teams are looking to compete in a location that is currently sold out, SAE will be implementing the Waitlist function.
Waitlist Registration will open on Monday, December 14, 2020 at 10:00 AM EST for the sold-out Validation locations specific to IC or EV class and will close on Monday, January 18, 2021.
SAE wants to remind student teams that getting onto a waitlist does not guarantee your team will advance onto the registration list to compete onsite. Also, we want to draw attention that this year the list may not move quickly due to teams having until 60 days out from competition before making payment and final commitment. In addition, we will be watching what is happening with local restrictions with regards to COVID, for this reason we may be hesitant on advancing teams immediately as teams are withdrawn or removed.
Note: Advancement off the waitlist after the 60 days will require payment within 48 hours. Advancement off the waitlist will stop one month prior to Validation Event.
In a typical year, we allow university teams to register for more than one Formula SAE competition if there is room. This year, with reduced registration number expectations we initially announced teams would only be eligible to register for one validation event. For 2021 scores will be computed for each portion of the competition season separately meaning we will have overall scores for Knowledge and then overall for Validation (not a combination) we will be able to offer teams the ability to register for a second Validation event if spots allow.
Registration window for second Validation Event will open on Monday, January 11, 2021 at 10:00 AM EST for the Formula SAE Series and close on Monday, January 18, 2021. Any event class not sold out; teams will have opportunity to register for a second Validation event during this one-week period and will be subject to make payment at 60 days out from competition.