Welcome Formula SAE Teams to the Michigan International Speedway!
SAE is thrilled to host this year’s competition once again at the Michigan International Speedway, in Brooklyn, Michigan. We are expecting 99 teams onsite. We are looking forward to hosting everyone this year. Below are just a few reminders to help volunteers and student competitors be prepared for onsite registration and logistics. All information can be found online SAE.org, fsaeonline.com and the FSAE App.
- FAST TRACK ROSTER. Teams should make sure to print off SAE.org, have all team members and advisor sign and Team Captain/Advisor report to team registration with their FAST-TRACK Roster completed.
- COVID LIABILITY WAIVER. All team members must also print, sign, and turn in at student registration the additional COVID Liability Waiver found online under Series Resources. All copies can be turned in by Team Captain at registration. This wavier only needs signed once.
- STUDENT HANDBOOK. The Formula SAE APP is now updated with all event descriptions, event site review details and maps for event site layout. We will not have all course maps available to publish in advance however course walks will be made available. The event site review details will provide an alphabetical review of important advice, expectations, and policies onsite.
a. Located within the student handbook is the driver meeting PowerPoint. Drivers will need to review the PowerPoint before the meeting.
Below are some additional notes:
- NO Tech Quiz will be used for 2022. Assigned Tech Numbers have been published online Technical Inspection will now be in Garage 3 and a tent close to G3.
- Driver Smart Bands will be used for 2022. All drivers NEED to complete driver profile online your fsaeonline.com. All drivers will be given a wristband when being approved in technical inspection.
- Early Registration/Paddock Assignment will be open Tuesday, May 17th from 3:00PM – 5:00PM. Teams who register MUST drop off their trailers.
- RFID Reminder. Dig out that RFID tag used in 2019 or 2021! Be sure to use/bring the RFID tags previously supplied by SAE to competition with you! Student Registration will have limited supply for assistance if needed.
- Transponders are still required for Endurance. Be sure to use/bring your transponder charged and mounted for technical inspection. Student Registration will have limited supply for rental if needed.
- Student teams will be given a paddock spot that you can park trailer and one (1) personal vehicle if it fits. Vehicle in the paddock must has a parking pass which will be issued at registration. All other personal vehicles will be parked outside of MIS venue in their Fan Zone. Entrance to infield will be gained through the Pedestrian tunnels.
- We will have onsite support services for welding, machine shop and tire mounting sponsored by General Motors and Hoosier.
- We will have a PA System for meetings and team support requests if needed; however, we will also push event updates and announcements through the FSAE APP. Make sure you have this APP downloaded and notifications on.
- Weather can be unpredictable changing from sunny, warm days to cold and rainy including thunderstorms. Be prepared for all types of weather with apparel and sunscreen.
- We cannot stress enough the importance to student competitors to make sure you are taking care of yourself and your team members with eating properly, hydrating and getting sufficient rest while onsite. The lack of these three essential components is leading cause for any onsite medical treatment.
- Safe travels to all teams!