For 2022 competitions, Tesla will offer a select number of teams sponsorship through one of two options:
- For experienced teams, up to 1000 high-performance 18650 battery cells shipped to the team free of charge. Teams may choose between a high-energy and a high-power cell depending on their application.
- For novice teams, an 80% discount on pre-built modules and other hardware supplied by Enepaq (formerly Energus Power Systems), up to an order limit of €20,000.
- Interested teams must be registered for at least one student formula engineering competition in 2022 with an electric vehicle class, including but not limited to:
- Formula SAE Michigan - June 2022
- Formula Student UK - July 2022
- Formula Student Germany - August 2022
Teams must apply online HERE before December 29, 2021 and will need to provide a 1-page design brief along with their Electrical Safety Form (ESF) if available.
Tesla will review proposals and select top teams to receive their choice of sponsorship option. Selected teams will be notified by January 5, 2022 and will be offered cells or a discount code after signing a liability release waiver.
Tesla will also offer sponsored teams the opportunity to review their designs with some of the world’s leading electric powertrain engineers and will provide guidance through the design and validation process.
We look forward to reviewing your team’s concept and hope together to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy!